The City of New Braunfels Animal Control has asked us to remind you of all the city ordinances and provide a little rabies awareness.
A vaccination against rabies is required for all dogs and cats and must be administered annually by a licensed veterinarian starting when your pet is 12 weeks old.
Licensing of cats and dogs is required each year. Owners must present a current rabies certificate from a licensed veterinarian and pay a fee. A license can be obtained from The Humane Society Animal Shelter, located at 3353 Morningside Drive New Braunfels, Texas 78130.
“Restraint” is defined as being secured by a leash or lead AND under the control of a responsible person OR confined in a yard that is enclosed by a secure, substantial fence. All domesticated animals must be kept under restraint at all times, even though they may be vaccinated and tagged.
Care and Keeping:
– No more than4 dogs OR 4 cats are allowed per household.
– All dogs are required to have a shelter consisting of 3 sides, a roof and a floor.
– No animal shall be left unattended in a parked vehicle when the outside temperature exceeds 85 degrees F.
– No animal may be offered or sold from any parking lot, street or other access way.
– Do not approach or pick up a stray or unknown animal.
– Do not play or play with animals while they are eating.
– Do not take chew toys or treats away from animals while they are chewing on them.
– Do not try to restrain or corner unknown or strange animals.
– Do not approach a nursing animal.
– Do not startle a sleeping animal.
– Do not approach or pick up an injured animal.
– Never run away from animals; walk away slowly.
Please clean up after your pets. Waste must be removed from public or private property by the animal’s owner.
All animal bites should be reported immediately to Animal Control Dispatch at (830) 608-2183.